What is breast reduction surgery (also known as removal of male boobs/ moobs) for men?
Gynecomastia / Male breast reduction / removal of male breasts or “man boob reduction”, “getting rid of moobs”, is the correction by surgical procedure of over-developed breasts in men. This condition is common in men of all ages and can be the results of heredity conditions, hormonal changes, disease or the use of certain drugs.
The condition of enlarged male breasts can reduce self confidence leading to some men avoiding certain physical activities to hide their condition. Having man boobs can also mean that certain men will not be intimate because they try to hide their condition. Clearly having moobs is an unfortunate way to live considering it is possible to rectify the condition with plastic surgery.
How long lasting are the results of male breast reduction surgery (Gynecomastia)?
The good news is that the results of the removal of male breasts in men are permanent in most cases. It is important to note, however, that if the condition of enlarged breasts or man breasts in a male is the result of the use of certain prescription medication, drugs including steroids or weight gain, one must be free of these substances and stay at a stable weight in order to maintain results.
Enlarged male breasts/ man breasts are characterised by:
- Excess glandular tissue development
- Excess localised fat
- A combination of both excess fat and glandular tissue
- The possibility of having gynecomastia in one breast (unilaterally) or both breasts (bilaterally)
The procedure of gynecomastia (removal of moobs or male boobs) surgery is right for you if:
- You are of relatively normal weight
- You are physically healthy
- Your expectations are real
- Your breast development has stabilised
- It bothers you that your breasts are too large